Thursday, January 30, 2020

SHINE YOUR LIGHT

I have always had a fascination with light.  To me it represents power and goodness.  Think about the contrast between light and darkness, and how even the smallest strike of a match can dispell a dark space.

In a world full of darkness and negativity, there is a great need and opportunity to be a light.  My goal each day is to be a light to anyone I come in contact with.  I truly believe that one person can make a difference, even with just a smile, a kind word, an act of service.

Everyday when my kids leave for school, I say "Let your light shine bright!"  They roll their eyes and say "I know MOM!", but it is important enough that I remind them every day.  Even if they just brighten one person's day, that is enough!

My most favorite quote about light is ..."Don't shine so that others can see you, Shine so that through you, others can see Him! ~anonymous

We all have the light within us, do we hide it or share it?  My greatest desire is to let Christ's light shine through me to bring love and goodness to others.  One light can make a difference, and collectively we can LIGHT UP THE WORLD!

How will you shine your light today?

No comments:

Post a Comment