Thursday, January 9, 2020

WHO GETS MY VOTE?

I heard an analogy the other day that really impacted me, and I've been thinking about it ever since...

Everyday, with every decision we make, and every thought we think, we are casting a vote for the person we currently are, or the person we want to become.  In other words,  we are choosing to stay where we are, or get closer to our desired future self.

The person you are today is wonderful, perfectly worthy and whole.  But you likely have a different version of yourself you want to become, one that will take some work to reach.

Let me illustrate.  If I choose to sleep in and not exercise, I am voting to stay exactly as I am.  If I choose to get up and do my workout, I am voting to get stronger and honor my commitment to myself, and be one step closer to my future self.  If I think and believe a negative thought about myself, I am voting to remain stuck in self doubt, but if I cast out the thought and replace it with a positive one, I am moving closer to the person I want to become.  When I choose to have my own back, I'm voting for my future self!

Guess what??  The person with the most votes wins!!

Ask yourself, who am I voting for today?

1 comment:

  1. I love this Jessica! I will vote for myself and say no to the Oreo cookies on Ice cream tonight. Thank you for this great website! You are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete