Wednesday, January 22, 2020

FAMILY FIRST

CHRISTMAS 2019
Hello there, my name is Marissa Walker.  I am Jessica's oldest daughter.  It has been said that I am her favorite child.  You don't have to take my word for it, just ask her what my contact is in her phone.  But no worries, I don't let it go to my head, haha!  All jokes aside, I wanted to hop on her blog and talk about something really important that my amazing parents taught me.

Neither of my parents grew up in a very stable or joy filled home.  My mother's parents got divorced when she was 14, and there were many struggles and  hardships after that.  My father's family was also very broken from the time he was very young.  It would have been easy and comfortable for them to create a home in which they replicated the type of homes they grew up in.  They created the exact opposite.  There is no better example of a father than my father.  The love and respect that he gives my mother, and the love he has for me and my siblings is indescribable.  He makes sacrifices for us daily that often go unnoticed.  He supports us in everything we do.  Everytime I call him he answers the phone and says "Hey Kid" with all the love in his voice.  He is a tender soul.

My mother is also an amazing example.  She is so kind, loving, thoughtful and nurturing.  She gave up every dream that she had of her own to raise us.  Growing up, everything that she did was to support us.  Whether that was coming to our games, volunteering at our schools, and countless other activities.  She sacrificed her time, energy, love, money, her body, and her own goals for us.

Despite all of these amazing sacrifices and things they have done for me, the best thing they ever could have given me is my siblings.  They are my favorite people.  I would do anything and everything for them.  I served a mission for the LDS church in Colorado, Wyoming and Nebraska and I went into countless homes everyday.  I saw just about every kind.  There is no other family I would choose than my own.  They are going to be the ones that are there forever, the ones in my corner everyday, the ones I am most comfortable with.  If I could, I would hang out with my family everyday!

Every one of my siblings is my best friend.  There is no one else that I would want to spend eternity with.  The greatest gift my parents ever gave me was being able to understand the importance of family.  They gave me Shane, Erica, Joshua and Megan.  They also gave me the best parents on earth.  My favorite memories are filled with their faces.  I love my family to no end!

1 comment:

  1. I love you Marissa!!! The way you love your family and admire them is an example to me! ☺️❤️

    ReplyDelete