Sunday, January 19, 2020

I'M A HOT MESS TOO!

I'm here to tell you that sometimes I'm a hot mess!  Sometimes I doubt myself, give in to unhealthy urges, get stressed out, even yell at my kids.  And guess what?? That's exactly how it is supposed to be!  Even though I know how to process urges, think from my higher brain, and manage my mind, it doesn't mean that I always do it well.  Sometimes I feel like a complete failure.  But does that mean that I am? NO WAY!  It's what I choose to think of it all that determines if I stay stuck, or keep evolving.  It's always a choice!

When I find myself feeling like a mess, my go to is a good cuddle with my sweet dog Evie, but what really makes a difference is giving myself some slack, some grace to get back up and keep trying.  Remembering that I am human and my brain is working just as it should!

I heard a really great quote today that impacted me..."Your mess is your message!" ~Kirk Duncan.  I thought about how true that is...how effective would I be in helping others if I always had it put together and didn't ever struggle?  I wouldn't be real, or relatable, and I wouldn't have to keep working on myself.  I also wouldn't need to turn to Heavenly Father for help, and I need Him more than anything!

You may have figured it out by now, but I love collecting quotes!  This one gets across what I want to say perfectly..."Rely on the Lord, for only HE can turn a MESS INTO A MESSAGE,  a test into a testimony, a trial into a triumph, and what is broken into something beautiful!" ~Zandra Vranes

YES!  Let's be a broken and beautiful mess together, help lift eachother up, and just keep trying to be a little better everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment